Saturday, October 5, 2013

Nadene's Satin Sheets Romance Review of In the Shadow of Evil by Nancy C Weeks.




TITLE: IN THE SHADOW OF EVIL
AUTHOR: NANCY C. WEEKS
AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: http://nancycweeks.com
PUBLISHER: CRIMSON ROMANCE
GENRE: ROMANTIC SUSPENSE
LENGTH: 251 PAGES
BUY LINK: AMAZON

BLURB: Elías Mendoza’s personal vendetta against the McKenzie family rests on Jennie’s shoulders. As she cradles the bullet ridden body of her ten-year old student, she knows Mendoza is responsible. Quinton’s death is a message. Jennie’s life belongs to only Mendoza. But she has her own message. No one else dies. Her life means nothing as long as Mendoza is free.
Jared McNeil has spent ten years with Maryland’s Special Crime Unit and very little rattles him. When the haunted teenager he once tried to protect walks into his precinct now a beautiful woman, he wants nothing more than to wrap her in his arms and never let her go. But he soon realizes she is there only to settle her debts before she goes after his nemesis, Mendoza. Jared’s vow to stay away from Jennie until the task force destroys Mendoza now means nothing. What Jared and Jennie don't understand is there are forces at play greater than the evil shadowing them, but time is running out. United, they can do anything. Alone, they will fail


NADENE'S REVIEW
This is the second book in the series, it however can be read as a stand alone. 
It was an exciting an quite a suspenseful read.  I was pulled in from the very first page and I found myself
turning the pages as I was very eager to know what was going to happen next.  It was filled with a lot of twists and turns and there were quite a few unexpected surprises.

I was caught of guard with the introduction of a serial killer. I just could not understand how it tied in to the overall story.  This  caused the story to be somewhat distorted for me.  It was not until I did some   research that I found out that the serial killer concept was actually a spillover from the first book in the series.  My only other complaint is the abrupt ending. I felt that the author could have done a much better job with the ending.

In spite of this I enjoyed my first time with this author and I am looking forward to more of her work.  If you are looking for a new author in romantic suspense genre then look no further.




















No comments:

Post a Comment