Monday, July 1, 2013

Satin Sheets Romance - JULY Author of the Month - Natalie Gibson


I have always loved reading. In middle and high school, I could be found with my nose in a book between classes while others were flirting and primping. In a small way, I hated to turn 16 because it meant I could drive to school and didn't have the extra hour in the morning to read a few extra chapters. I love paperbacks. Hardbacks, not so much. They are heavy and cumbersome and come with dust jackets, which I loath. I adore my Kindle. I love the ease of buying books and the secrecy I can enjoy them in. No more bright pink or swarthy man-laden covers being seen and judged by cashiers for this gal!  

I quit reading for fun in college; there was just too much to do. It was a hard time after graduation–in a new city with no friends and a first husband who didn't like me very much. One day I went into a used bookstore and tripped over a display of the Dark Series by Christine Feehan. I bought each one as they came out. Because of that, if I had to pick a favorite genre it would be paranormal romance. I do read tons of other stuff. I like action and adventure, and choose paranormal, fantasy, horror or sci-fi over everything else. If a book only has romance without all the running and chasing and fighting of vamps or dragons or cyborgs, then I'll probably pass. I also enjoy reading (and writing) contemporary erotica.

These are my favorites:
Fiction
The Hollow Hills–Mary Stewart
Non-Fiction
When God Was a Woman–Merlin Stone
Science-Fiction
West of Eden–Harry Harrison
Treason-Orson Scott Card
Paranormal Romance Series
The Dark Series–Christine Feehan
Favorite Author
Anya Bast
Some examples of hers that I really like: The Chosen Sin – a seriously sexy futuristic vampire stand alone, Witch Fire, Witch Blood, Witch Heart, Witch Fury (Elemental Witches Series), Wicked Enchantment, Cruel Enchantment, Dark Enchantment, Midnight Enchantment (Dark Magic Series), Jeweled and Jaded – two of the hottest and most believable menage romances I have ever read. They inspired me to write my own menage romance – Ishtar Anomaly (Book 3 of Sinnis).

I do have some pet peeves about reading paranormal or contemporary romance. I hate to come across these.

One: I like a good strong female lead. Many authors seem to think that being stubborn, throwing fits when things don't go her way, and rushing away from safety and into the waiting arms of danger make a female strong. They are wrong. I can accept that we all do dumb things time to time but to me these attributes and actions make a character seem immature.

Two: I am an adult. Sex is a part of contemporary adult life. I am not a big reader of YA romance or the new genre NA romance. I do not read any inspirational romance/Christian romance. These usually employ the 'romance of restraint' and I don't mean the good bedroom handcuff type restraint. There is usually a reason the two main characters must restrain themselves from acting on their impulses (religious, age, or vulnerability of the female).

An example of both one and two is the Twilight Series. Now before you get upset, I liked all of those books. I got caught up and read every one back to back. I am just using an example most people have read. One: Bella runs off, ditching Jasper and Alice, to meet the bad guy in a secluded place without telling anyone where she was going. Two: Edward has religious/cultural reasons he won't have sex with Bella. Also there is the, “I can never loose control or I could kill you,” aspect.

I am not the kind of person who has to write or I'll go crazy. I write because I like to. It's fun. I put superhuman characters in mundane situations and normal people in extraordinary ones. I write for me, what I enjoy writing, and what I would enjoy reading. I love my Sinnis Series. They are exactly the type books I am always on the lookout for. The males are superhuman searching for their mates, witches with their own powers – enhanced by love. It has strong females who change the world, ancient magical creatures who battle their natures, seriously bad, bad guys who don't, spicy sex, and a rich mythology set against the backdrop of contemporary times.

I've been asked to describe myself with three words. Here they are...
1) Liberal
2) Imaginative 
3) List-maker

Here's a few of my books. I hope you will take a look.


Ishtar Bound (Book 1 of Sinnis)
Always 99 cents
Available on Amazon and B&N for NOOK 



Surrounded by magical enemies with an intimate knowledge of her abilities, a matchmaking witch of the highest rank must fulfill both her duty to her coven and her desire for a love of her own, even if the two goals collide.
Maeve Lovejoy has always been good at her job even though her services come at a high cost. Though her matchmaking abilities are stronger than ever, the most potent in any coven's recorded history, her introduction to Aaron has confused matters. Believing she's found a partner who can love her and allow her to continue practicing her arts, she shares her secrets with him. Is it a coincidence that soon after someone is locating and murdering Maeve's matches? When Aaron disappears is it because he is a member of a rival black magic sect or has he become their victim? 


Hateful Burden (First in the Carrier Trilogy)
ebook only $2.99 on Amazon 
paperback only $7.99 on Amazon 


Hateful Burden is a gaslight-era paranormal horror novel as well as a psychological thriller where friends and foes are not always what they seem. In this dark urban fantasy, paranormal powers are bred and collected. Lady Ramillia Winmoore, daughter of the Earl of Brooksberry, has suffered from gaps in her memory her entire life. But this darkness is a blessing. 

Whenever she feels threatened, it takes over and protects her from feeling pain or even the slightest bit of discomfort. That is until the day she awakens strapped to an examining table at the West Freeman Asylum for Lunatics. Imprisoned for the gruesome murder of her parents, Ramillia learns she has lost ten months to the darkness. Forced to endure years of tortuous treatments in a grimy, hidden cell, salvation arrives in the form of a benefactor named Sir Julian Lawerence. 

Betrothed to her through an arranged marriage, he helps her gain freedom. But appearances are deceiving and soon Ramillia learns the cost she must pay. The horrors she encounters in his household are far worse than the asylum when he inducts her into a society of blood-thirsty, cruel immortals. Soon she is forced to join them and accept their way of life. 

Now Ramillia must break free of a prison she cannot see, kill an enemy that cannot die, and find a daughter that she cannot remember--all with the help of an ally she does not know. Who is Sally and can she be trusted? Is this mysterious and frightening woman trying to save her or is she planning on saving Ramillia for herself?


Claire Cover to Cover (A Mount Haven Quickie) 
BDSM Short Erotic Romance
only 99 cents
only on Amazon 

Claire is in control of every aspect of her life and she is bored out of her mind. After catching her assistant absorbed in a book, she goes in search of that escape. Nathaniel sees something in her immediately and wants it for himself. He knows what she needs is less control, less escape. Will she follow him or continue on her vanilla path?

Claire Cover to Cover is a short erotic story by Natalie Gibson, author of the books of Sinnis. There are approximately 10,000 words and about 70% of those depict sexually explicit scenes or graphic language.





I am honored to have been selected as Satin Sheets Romance Reviews' 
July Author of the Month.  
I love writing and would enjoy hearing from any fans.  
Connect with me via email or any social media.



Facebook Friend or Fan pages Author Natalie Gibson
Twitter @AuthorNatGibson

No comments:

Post a Comment